To have such status, one must have ordination papers from a congregation for which you are a regular pastor or minister.

Several churches that ordain Pagans are recognized, including the Church of Spiral Oak, ADF, the Covenant of the Goddess, the Unitarian Universalists, and others. Please e-mail Larry Cornett at lcornett@en.com if your religious institution is so recognized and provide a summary of the requirements in your church for ordination, and its webpage.

Also contact the Ohio Secretary of State at 30 E. Broad St., 14th Floor; Columbus, OH 43266-0418. Request the application for a minister's license, or download it and the instructions from http://www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/recordsIndexes/MinisterLicense.aspx. When you receive it, send the completed form, a photocopy of your ordination certificate, and a $10 check or money order to the above address. This will take 2-3 weeks.

By Ohio Law, licensed clergy must report suspected child or elder abuse to authorities, as well as follow State laws when marrying couples. A summary of the laws is provided at licensure. This license makes chaplaincy status at hospitals, etc. easier to obtain.